Friday, December 11, 2009

I am the Mother(How it feels-the loss of a son)

My dreams are shattered
I have lost the last hope to live
My lad died in the battlefield
Saving the boundaries, do you believe

I am forced to be a proud mother
Salute, flag and the gunshots in the air
But, does anyone realizes in real
Of a pain that mothers feel

I had nurtured him for nine months in the womb
I was the first one to hear him cry
I was the first person to whom he smiled
I was the one who made his nappies dry

He held my finger and learned to walk
Mama was the first word he learned to talk
I fed him blood from my breast
I rose up whole night to see him sleep

He used to cry when I left him alone
Following me where ever I go
I used to buy him chocolates and sweets
Still he pulled to ask for some more

I sent him to school and groomed him to best
I saved him from papa when he was depressed
I used to hide his faults and flaws
I love him more than anything in the world

He completed his studies he went for job
As an army man I couldn't stop
He sent me Sarees and bangles to wear
He wrote me letters with love and care

I was so happy, I had seen a girl for him
Beautiful, Sober and classy as queen
He had asked me to send a photograph
and I had quickly posted it to him

He had said its a surprise if he liked her or not
And here is a telegram saying he has been shot

I am a mother don't console me with awards
My son is dead I don't want a reward
I have grown old, I have turned Grey
God, call me up is what I pray(Sagarmani)

No comments:

Post a Comment