Friday, December 11, 2009

Encounter with Ghost

I worked till late in the office that night
Had to go home & had to catch a flight
It was almost one in the morning
I was exhausted and I was yawning.

I drove of my vehicle, the roads were empty
Listening to old songs, I was driving at ninety
The city had slept, only few vehicles were moving
I could figure out some stray dogs roaming

The silence was sheer as I looked out the mirror
A vehicle swooped & crossed me, had to decrease my gear
I suddenly stopped as there was a loaded truck ahead
Somebody knocked the pane I saw an old lady beg

I ignored her sight thought it was middle of night
People still begging this is the heights
I stormed on the empty road like a flying jet
Was thinking to myself I must not get late

I regained the pace, I could hear the windy sound
There was silence everywhere except some horn beeping around
I was enjoying the music, it was an old Denver song
I was following the same and was singing along

It happened to be I turned to my right
I was so shocked I couldn't believe my eyes
The lady I saw was still knocking the window pane
Begging at my speed I had gone insane

Next thing I remember I hit a roadside shed
I hurt my shoulder and I hurt my head
I woke up next morning I was all blood shed
Laying flat helpless in a hospital bed.(Sagarmani)

No comments:

Post a Comment