Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Haunting Vacation....

I was on a vacation, I was not barred
I had to visit my uncle who resided very far
I left my place in the morning & reached there at night
The door was locked, there was no one at sight.

I was helpless, I moved around the house
In the servants quarter I saw the maid and her spouse
They gave me the key and said uncle was out
She said, “he will be back in the morning, but tonight, I doubt.”

I opened the door, entered the guest room in the right
It was raining quite heavily and there was no light
I lit up a candle and changed what I wore
I was feeling cold as well as getting bored

I got inside the quilt and leaned on the pillow
I was looking at the ceiling & the wooden floor below..
I looked at the watch it was twelve past ten
I cuddled inside the quilt and let my body bend.

I suddenly woke up with the knock on the window
I pulled up the curtain to see a white wearing widow
Simultaneously somebody knocked at the door
It opened by itself, I saw a face, rotten and sore.

I fell on the floor my heart was beating so fast
The widow was about to break the window glass
The next moment I see both were standing above my head
Next morning, I found myself lying opposite in the bed.

I woke up and inquired to the neighbors
The maid couple was dead was the news they delivered
Uncle had gone to their native with the dead bodies
It had been a week and at home there was nobody.
(Sagarmani)

No comments:

Post a Comment