Monday, March 23, 2009

The Monsoon Greetings

The first showers kissed the mother earth
and the fragrance of the mud surrounds
The cool breeze smiled at me when I walked
The droplets teased me with their plop sound

I could see the little birds chirping and dancing
Happy to see the defeated heat
I could see the beautiful faces glancing
the horizon, grinning in retreat

The little kids were out on roads
Playing and singing as the vehicles drove
The Lovers sighed and missed the ones
to lie down in the divine arms

I could see the couples holding their hands
Thanking the drizzles that invited romance
I could feel the aura I could see the glow
For few minutes there was hatred no more.

As I walked down the road
Hands in my pocket and I briskly strode
The wind so cool touched my cheeks
Whistling in my ears the Monsoon greet.(Sagarmani)

No comments:

Post a Comment