Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An outcry in fear.(Reaction to Bangalore incident)

I am regarded as a goddess
I am the one to who they pray
I am regarded as a deity
People come to me when they're afraid

People fast for me, sing for me
They walk for days with the bare foot
I am offered sacrifices from time to time
Depicting me as the lord of their roots

I am the women the gentle and the vulnerable one
Guiding the males when they are low and when they frown
I give them children and they give their names
I nurture and feed them with suffering and pain.

I am also your daughter mother
I am one of your citizen
I strive to protect you
and also protect my children

I am no more secured here
I am no more safe
Your sons are no more capable
They beat me rather and they rape

I am in fear
I am no more dear to them
Am I just a reproductive machine
to give them their children??

Do not pretend to pray
when you cant protect me
Do not offer sacrifices
your heads wouldn't suffice me

I seek for asylum
Somebody come and protect me
My countrymen are blind, I am a women
They just see a female inside me..

I seek for asylum
I beg for asylum(Sagarmani)

No comments:

Post a Comment