Monday, March 23, 2009

My Old Shoes

I was wearing a pair of my black shoes
Sitting on a chair with force I had to push
A little more effort and they were finally worn
But to my shock I noticed one of them was torn.

I recalled, I was a school going kid..
Kicking stones and I used to skid
I never wore a shoe that was torn
There was my dad to buy a new one..

I peeped through my wallet
I saw few hundred notes
I inquired to my cards
but there were balance no more
I asked my roommate if he can lend me some money
He said, “I am a still a student. Are you trying to be funny?”

I saw myself in the mirror, I glanced at my attire.
I said “You are kid no more & your Dad is retired.”
Its your turn now to buy a new pair for Dad..
Stick those with the glue and move out Lad.(Sagarmani)

No comments:

Post a Comment